There is something special about watching a butterfly flit from flower to flower and by selecting the right plants and providing a couple of key things, you can attract these gossamer guests into your garden.
Find a bright, sheltered corner to tuck this garden into and provide a small water feature such as a bird bath or even a decorative bowl of water set into the garden. The plants listed not only attract butterflies, but some have attractive foliage colour providing interest from early spring through autumn.
While you’re at it, include a small bench or chair nearby so that you can dream away sunny hours in your own little meadow.
PLANTS USED FOR THIS GARDEN ARE:
- Echinacea Mango Meadowbrite™ – Zone 4
- Echinacea purpurea Doubledecker – Zone 3
- Saliva nemorosa ‘Caradonna’ – Zone 3
- Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold’ a.k.a. ‘Sweet Kate’ – Zone 3
- Polemonium reptans ‘Stairway to Heaven’ – Zone 3
- Gaillardia ‘Fanfare’ – Zone 5
- Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’ – Zone 3
OR SUBSTITUTE WITH: