Though many new perennials are introduced every year, only a few become instant classics that will stand the test of time. In our thirty plus years of growing plants, we’ve seen our share of new plants come and go. Since the beginning of this century, the flow of new plants has turned into an avalanche. It’s hard even for professional growers like us to keep up. However, a good plant quickly establishes itself in the garden and in the industry, and the very best become classics. Here are a few of the very best introductions of the century so far!
1. Siberian Bugloss (Brunnera ‘Jack Frost’) – Zone 2
5. Cranesbill Geranium (Geranium ‘Rozanne’) – Zone 4
6. Perennial Sage (Salvia nemerosa ‘Caradonna’) – Zone 3
7. Angelina Stonecrop (Sedum rupestre ‘Angelina’) – Zone 3
10. Shasta Daisy (Leucanthemum x superbum ‘Becky’) – Zone 4