There has been a lot of talk about garden rooms over the past number of years. Simply put, it is a space that defines special areas of the landscape for specific uses. One of the most important elements in a garden room is creating a sense of enclosure. The plants selected to enclose the area can stimulate any number of moods and uses from a sense of calm, suitable for a quiet cup of tea, to a sense of exuberance that would be suitable surrounding a children’s play area.
In this vignette, the vibrant colours provide a sense of cheeriness and informality. This would be a great space for casually entertaining a small group of friends or simply enjoying it alone and getting a little boost to your day.
These plants will perform best in a sunny location and will provide colour to enjoy from mid spring until early autumn.
PLANTS USED FOR THIS GARDEN ARE:
- Salvia nemorosa ‘Caradonna’ –Zone 3
- Rudbeckia fulgida ‘Goldsturm’ – Zone 3
- Campanula poscharskyana Blue Waterfall – Zone 3
- Heuchera ‘Obsidian’ – Zone 4
- Paeonia lactiflora ‘Bowl of Beauty’ – Zone 2
- Leucanthemum x superbum ‘Snowcap’ – Zone 4
- Geranium ‘Rozanne’ – Zone 4
OR SUBSTITUTE WITH:
- Monarda Blue Stocking – Zone 3
- Coreopsis verticillata ‘Zagreb’ – Zone 4
- Scabiosa ‘Butterfly Blue’ – Zone 4
- Armeria maritima ‘Vesuvius’ – Zone 2
- Hemerocallis ‘Siloam Double Classic’ – Zone 2
- Campanula carpatica ‘White Uniform’ – Zone 2
- Clematis ‘Bijou’ – Zone 4