en·to·mol·o·gy – the scientific study of insects
Some call them pests, and in some cases for good reason. But in the grand scheme of things they’re a vital part of the delicate balance of nature. And here’s our select list of sites that will help you learn a little more about those ominous but valuable pests. We call it the Bug Report.
- Bug Bios
If you only have time to visit one of the sites referenced on this page, then this is the one. After researching and assembling the list below, we found Bugbios.com. It includes some of the links on this page and much, much more.
- National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Plant Pest Information
- Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet
Common Insects and Associated Pests – Attacking Bedding Plants and Perennials
- Iowa State Entomology Index: Databases
A very exhaustive collection of international entomology databases.
- Iowa State Entomology Index: Institutions
Another very exhaustive collection of international entomology institutions.
- Iowa State Entomology Image Gallery
- Horticulture & Home Pest News
Articles on current horticulture, plant care, pest management, and common household pests.
A cooperative effort of University of California-Davis, Oregon State University, Michigan State University, Cornell University, and the University of Idaho.
Pesticide Information Profiles (PIPs)
- North American Plant Protection Organization (NAPPO)
- NAPP0 – Pest Alert
- The Virtual Plant & Pest Diagnostic Laboratory at Purdue University
rec.gardens.ecosystems is a Usenet newsgroup intended for the discussion of gardening topics from an ecological perspective.
- Manitoba Agriculture and Food – Weeds, Insects and Diseases